Bishop C.H. McClelland
Bishop C. H. McClelland is the Pastor of Holy Cathedral Church of God In Christ 2677 North 40th Street in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He was appointed Pastor in September 1982 by the late Bishop P.J. Henderson, his Spiritual Father.
He was appointed Pastor in September 1982 by the late Bishop P.J. Henderson, his Spiritual Father. Within seven years, the initial congregation of 25 members (including children) outgrew the location on 10th & Atkinson, which seated approximately 150 people and moved to 2677 N. 40th St, July 1989, the present location. Bishop McClelland now pastors a growing membership of over 1, 200 people. He was born in Covington TN, the youngest of 10 children. His Mother Annie McClelland prayed that God would bless her with another son and she would give him back to God. God answered her prayer and Charles Henry McClelland was born April 5, 1950. At the age of 19, he moved to Milwaukee; God saved him, and he surrendered his life to God. He has been saved for 51 years. It was also in Milwaukee that he met his wife for life, Prentiss Delores and they have been married since July of 1974.
Bishop McClelland worked for the Milwaukee County Department of Health and Human Services for 19 years as a Program Administrator in various social service programs. During his tenure, he was responsible for 54 employees and a budget of over 8 million dollars. Unknowingly, this position was preparing him for the development of Word of Hope Ministries Inc. which he founded in 1996 and serves as President.
Word of Hope Ministries is a non-profit 501c3 organization which includes the Word of Hope Family Resource Center that houses Health Care and Social Service Programs, Mentorship for Youth, Prison Re-Entry Program, Job Placement and Training, ATODA (alcohol, tobacco and other drug abuse), State of the Art Computer Technology Center, an Adult GED Lab and Broadcast/Telecast Center. For the past 24 years Word of Hope Ministries, Inc. has served over 40,000 individuals and families in our community.
In 2008, Bishop C.H. McClelland was consecrated and appointed Bishop of the Wisconsin Northwest Jurisdiction by the Presiding Bishop Charles E. Blake, Sr. The Jurisdiction has now grown to 48 Churches, including 2 churches in areas that did not have a COGIC located in Appleton and Sheboygan, WI, under his leadership. “Becoming a Bishop is a tremendous honor, it’s not about position, it’s about the people and Kingdom Building”. “To God Be the Glory”.
Jurisdictional Prelate Accomplishments 2008 – 2020:
- Appointed by the Presiding Bishop Charles E. Blake as Liaison to the Board of Bishops
- Member of the Board of Bishops Church of God in Christ
- Member of the Executive Advisory Board of the Board of Bishops
- Member of Pontotoc Housing Board Church of God In Christ
- Established the Bishop P.J. Henderson Scholarship Program, 73 Recipients Awarded $45K, 2010 -2019
- Established the Bishop Adolphus Allen School of Ministry, 220 graduates from 2009-2019
- Established Family Initiative – Health & Wellness with Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital & Medical College of WI
- Established Family Initiative – Prison Outreach Ministry “Breaking the Chains”
- Associate Degree in Applied Science – Milwaukee Area Technical College
- BA Degree from Marquette University
- Post Graduate Credit, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Honorary Doctor of Divinity from Trinity Hall College and Seminary, September 1994
- Honorary Doctor of Divinity from Saint Thomas Christian University, October 2015
- Pastor McClelland has received numerous awards from Civic Organizations for outstanding service and continues to serve on numerous boards.
- “Black Excellence” Award Honoree
- Retired from the Milwaukee County Department of Health and Human Services after 19 years of service
- Pastor of the Year Award, Northwest WI Jurisdiction on February 24th, 2001
- Pardon Advisory Board Member – January 2004, Governor Jim Doyle
- Vice-Chairman – General Council of Pastors & Elders for the National Church of God In Christ, Inc.
December 2000 – November 2008
- District Superintendent – Bethel District Church of God In Christ – December 2000 – August 2008
- Marquette University, Alumni of the Year “Person for Others Award”, April 2010
- Jurisdictional Prelate, Wisconsin Northwest Jurisdiction 2008 – Present
Donate to Holy Cathedral Church Of God In Christ to pay tithes, offering or building fund.Givelify Paypal
Download & Give through CashappApple Devices Android Devices
Holy Cathedral Church Of God In Christ – 2677 N. 40th Street – Milwaukee, WI 53210 – Ph: 414-447-1967